District 15 will be holding a by-election to replace former councillor Steve Craig beginning Saturday September 28th. Voting will be done through Internet and telephone voting, however polling stations will be setup to assist eligible voters if they are unfamiliar with voting in this fashion. The following 10 candidates are running for the position which will last approximately one year in order to fill the vacant position.
Christopher Owen Davis
David P. Schofield
You qualify to vote if:
- You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian Citizen on the first advance polling day (Sept. 28, 2019);
- You have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia for six months immediately before the first advance polling day (since March 28, 2019);
- You are ordinarily resident in the Halifax Regional Municipality and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day (Sept. 27, 2019);
- You are ordinarily resident in District 15 – Lower Sackville on ordinary polling day (Oct. 5, 2019); and
- You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal and School Board Elections.
- Advanced electronic polls will be open from 12 p.m. (noon) Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 until 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019.
- Advanced in-person polling stations will be open from 12 p.m. noon to 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019 and Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2019. Voting at the advance polls will be electronic only.
- Vote in-person on Election Day, Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019 from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. Voting on Election Day will be electronic only.
Voting instructions will be provided on your Voter Information Letter. If you HAVE NOT received your Voter Information Letter by Sept. 28, 2019 you can still vote by visiting the Advance Poll station. Election Day polling station information will be provided on your Voter Information Letter, or you can look up your poll location at: https://votersearch.halifax.ca/hrm/wheretovote.html
To confirm you live in District 15 for the Special Election, visit: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/districtscouncillors/district-look
Are you on the list of electors?
Call the Voter Help Line at 902-490-VOTE (8683) for assistance and to be added to the list of electors. You can also be added in person at the Advanced Polls on Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, 2019 and on Election Day, Oct. 5, 2019.
Questions? Contact the Municipal Elections Office:
In person: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 81 Ilsley Avenue, Dartmouth, N.S.
Mail: Elections Office, c/o Municipal Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 1749, Halifax, N.S., B3J 3A5
Phone: (902) 490-VOTE (8683)
Fax: (902) 490-4208